There have been recent COVID-related developments we’d like to share.
- Linn County Public Health (LCPH) announced that it will no longer provide contact tracing or report positive COVID cases. This applies to all entities, including CRCSD. LCPH data has been the foundation for CRCSD parent notifications and the district dashboard updates.
- Due to the lack of LCPH data, CRCSD discontinued COVID-positive notifications to families and staff effective Wednesday morning, January 12th.
Additionally, due to the removal of LCPH data access, CRCSD now is using the following metrics to determine mask mitigation:
- The student-aged vaccination rate. This data is obtained from State sources.
- The Linn County seven-day positivity rate.
At this time, isolation requirements for COVID positive students or students with COVID symptoms have not changed:
- Students will isolate at home for 10 days and may return to school on day 11.
- Although the CDC included K-12 schools in their updated 5 day isolation guidance, they also included strict masking guidance for days 6 through 10. Students are unable to remain fully masked at all times for the full 10 days as advised by the CDC, and will need to isolate at home.
- Symptomatic students may return to school before day 11 IF:
- They test negative for COVID (never had a positive test) and are fever free, without fever reducing medication, for 24 hours.
- They receive an alternate diagnosis (like strep throat, ear infection etc) from a health care provider. Documentation is required.
Please Note: We do not require a doctor’s note or proof of a negative test to return to school on day 11.
For reference, visit the updated CRCSD COVID-19 dashboard here.